Have you ever experienced the discouragement of an unanswered prayer? Have you found yourself questioning God, wondering “Why didn’t he answer my prayer?” and “Why is he silent now when I need him the most?” As you sit there, you may realize that prayer sometimes seems like a one-sided event, even though we know God’s there.
How do you respond to his silence? Do you try to “figure” God out—the purpose behind it all—asking “Was it because I sinned?” “Is a better opportunity coming?”or “Have I lost God’s favor?” Answering these questions will most likely leave you disappointed and confused. After all, our Lord’s ways are mysterious.
Instead of resorting to gimmicks stating to “pray this and receive,” it’s time to deepen your understanding of prayer itself.
The Bible shows us:
- How to pray.
- Four kinds of prayer (ACTS).
- Three destable prayer forms.
- How Jesus prayed.
- Phrase-by-phrase analysis of the Lord’s Prayer .
- Denied prayers throughout the Bible.
- What to do when God seems silent.
- What to do when waiting for an answer.
- Over 100 biblical examples of prayer.
8 Signs of a Healthy Prayer Life
- Prays frequently and persistently
- Asks in faith
- Acknowledges God’s will
- Depends on the Holy Spirit
- Avoids selfish and hypocritical prayers
- Accepts when God says no
- Knows what to do when God seems silent
- Listens for God to answer
From Rose Publishing